Wednesday 21 November 2007

into the sea

Luke took the digital camera to work today, so I can't yet show you pictures of our new home. I instead I take you to another place of intrigue: the sea.




can you tell that I have been inspired by our new ANEMONE look?

Here is the set together. want to make it yours? click this

I made these collage cards from the book Strange Animals and Plants of the Ocean from the TIME LIFE's Golden Tree of Knowledge Series. 1958.

I made a few other cards too but these are not going to be put together as a set.




Other than that, there is nothing like waking up in a new place and knowing that its fully yours.
It makes the mortgage, extra taxes/rates, insurance, and added responsibility, all worth it.

And I truly love the new apartment, It possesses everything that was great about our last place (the vaulted ceilings, hardwood floors, exposed brick walls, stainless steel kitchen) only its better, bigger, and full of natural light. Maybe I should explain that the apartment we bought is in the same building we had been renting in for over a year. Perhaps I already mentioned this (?) but we literally moved just upstairs.

soon I will take you on a virtual tour of my favourite parts, I am most excited about my craft alcove studio and my urban garden.

till later!
-kimberlee

12 comments:

Hyena In Petticoats said...

Can't wait to see the new apartment!

I thought you had been quiet for a wee while.... now I know why!

xx

Victoria said...

Urban garden? I am intrigued.

Anonymous said...

ooh, urban garden. that sounds lovely. will you have pots of herbs and salad vegetables?

wonderful collaged cards as always!

Eve's Bijoux said...

Looked at your esty shop and glad to see it's doing so well. I might have to purchase something for my little something.

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Wow! Congrats on the new place... can't wait to see it. And coool cards. We have heaps of books at FPA that we are trying to get rid of... I'll see if I can find any with interesting pictures - though most are sex ed books so are all rather graphic! (Ooo, I feel a blog post about the books coming on... they have provided hours of giggling for myself and my workmate)

xo

blackie said...

ooo they make me want to get out my snorkel and mask and slip into the sea

Anonymous said...

the sea; awesomely intriguing.

Charlotte said...

can't wait to visit!!!!!!!
hint hint!!!

Anonymous said...

Great cards!
Your place sounds great and you can't beat the natural light of day!!

Anonymous said...

I looove the collages...can't wait to see the new place!

Geek Booteek said...

Hey you guys wanna come to the opening of our exhibition? It's on 11th December, 5:30-8pm... Holla back yo!

amy said...

ooo what nice little fish :)