Friday 20 June 2008

because work should be fun

Thanks for your warm welcome back everyone. I have missed this while I was away, the writing yes, but also I missed keeping up with your lives. I get itching to create when I see what everyone else is up to. The best creations come when you have seen what great stuff others have been up to; Call it peer pressure but it works for me.

So I have been back in the studio and after some time sketching, sewing, unpicking, and mistake fixing, I present to you my new rabbit prototype. Some of you may know I have a thing for rabbits, and after thinking about what was lacking in my former rabbit design, I came up with this.
Right now I am pretty happy with him (yes it's a he, boys blush too you know) but because I am such an optimist, I may be overlooking things. So I am asking for a general opinion and ways to improve the design. I want to get it right before I build my master rabbit army.

Also I have to give props to Helen from stripy socks for the rockin' fabric I used for this bunny. the stash she gave me over a year is still proving to be incredibly generous. My cup runneth over.

Here are few baby shoes that I have made. I mostly have these on hand for gifts and markets. I don't sell them online because Melissa does it so well. (So I bow to the master of baby shoes, and reverently step aside.) But those strawberry ones are sweet, no? (its not me, its the fabric making the magic happen).


ONE LAST THING: a surprise and a favour
Last night Luke came home and said, 'I have a suprise for you'. Excitedly I closed my eyes and held out my hands in anticipation, but it wasn't that kind of gift.

He typed something into the browser and THIS popped up.
He made it for me, goodness gracious what a guy!

The favour I ask is this: simply click on the link. This will help my google rating and hopefully my career in general. so please, please visit!

thanks!
-k

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute, love your work.

lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts said...

Oh thank you for the kind comments Kimberlee. Your new site is beautiful. I can't think of a better suprise!
Liv xx

Kirsten said...

Love the new rabbit design!! And those strawberry shoes are so delicious they make me contemplate having another baby!

petal said...

Your rabbit is lovely.

Unknown said...

Your rabbit is wonderful! I don't think you need to do a thing to change him. You have chosen fabrics with great patterns and colors and he looks so huggable! I adore the strawberry fabric. I too love Melissa's baby shoes!

Anonymous said...

Pregers Katie LOVES her blue bear - she has wanted one for so long, and will be sad when she has to hand it over to her new baby boy... now she kind of wants one of those new bunnies... will she have to wait until Kimberlee come back to the midwest??? Stay tuned...

Sally Anne said...

I love the rabbit and the shoes, soooo cute.The new site is great, good luck with all your crafty endeavours.

Mrs.French said...

The rabbit and the tiny shoes are so perfectly sweet. Oh and that site of yours...what a lovely surprise!

Jacoline said...

Love the rabbit and the little shoes. Great work. I'm just started blogging and maybe you like to have a little peek into my live. www.nzlovelyliving.blogspot.com

lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts said...

Hello Lies! Pleased to meet you too :) thank you for saying hello xx Liv

Jenny said...

This rabbit is wonderful, such personality. The fabric is really amazing too.